Contact Us Home Page Get A Quote Customer Service Home Page

Builder's Risk Insurance

Builder's risk insurance covers a building or other type of structure while it is under construction. Many lenders will not provide financing for a project unless this type of coverage is in place. The policy provides protection from a loss resulting from fire, acts of vandalism, or wind damage. Other types of losses, such as flood, earthquake, or terrorism, may be added to the policy, if needed.


The building owner is usually responsible for buying builder's risk insurance. The contractor on the project may be added to the policy as a named insured. Under this type of policy, the building or structure itself is insured against loss. Any materials or supplies on the job site will also be covered while the policy is in force.  Contact First Commercial Insurance Agency for a free quote.

First Commercial Insurance Agency
Ph (386) 775-1781 - Fax (386) 775-3666